Wednesday, February 22, 2012

my life as liz(zy)

So I feel like this is the point in my trip where for the next few months I'll forget to update. Sorry I'll do my best! I DID in fact get a spinning membership and went to class this morning where the instructor was a dude and 69 million times more hard core. Still luv it.

Side note: I can NOT get used to their time here. So spinning starts at eight and I get there at 7:55...to wait for 20 minutes for the instructor to show up. And honestly I was there for a good 15 just bada myself. Time there is not like it is here. If it says get there at 8 you show up at 8:05 and don't start til 8:15. I kinda h8 it, then again I'm late always so it's nice to be early/on time for things.

Las Iglesias
Yesterday I walked around a lil after class to exchange a bill of 200 soles (they exist, and they're terrible) and try to look for a tarjeta to put minutes on my phone. It was a little rainy and very beautiful. The church on the left is the Cathedral, on the right is the one I went to for mass.




Street/Alleyway for peds



La Plaza de Armas
 


















tatooooooooosss
After my little jaunt in the Plaza, I went home, chilled, had dinner, and then got tatted up with my host hermana Lucia. Her journals had a bunch of temporary tattoos in them so we went all out and got seven.

During our tattoo time Julieta got cranky and tired and decided she wanted the tattoo that I was putting on while I was putting it on and started crying. My host mama tried to take her but Lucia felt bad I think. When my host mom finally DID take Julie, Julie got pezzed and bit her on the cheek. She got a time out and cried for a long time but I definitely think Sara was right to do that. Two year olds are exhausting and do the dumbest shit for no reason. Like, they like the food they're eating but they refuse to eat it on principle. Of all the silverware to play with why the HELL do they choose the sharpest knife there is? The world may never know. But I'll be real I definitely WON'T end up a mom until I'm like 34. I feel I still act like a kid. All you moms, I honestly applaud you because children are impossible. IMPOSSIBLE. Yet a bunch of you seem to raise them pretty damn well. 

Anywho, after that litte debacle, Luci and I played cards. There is a game called Nadie saben por quien estan trabajo or something like that. In english, that's No one knows who they're working for. Basically, you lay 5 cards down and try to make pairs. It's pretty fun. After that we played Nerviosa. Kinda like slap Jack except more fun (in my opinion). THEN Lucia wanted to tell my future. I asked her three questions 1.) Will I get a BF in Cuzco. The answer was no (KEWL) 2.) Will I win the lottery? I THINK the answer was yes, but I couldn't understand what she said. 3.) Will I get good grades this semester? The answer was no. I'm in trouble!

Other than that my life is not exciting. Classes, volunteering, translating recipes, doing random stuff on the weekends like going to beautiful churches for mass. No pix allowed though, sorry. Today is Ash Wednesday, I'm giving up sweets, except sugar in my coffee. But pop, candy, etc. WISH ME LUCK.

2 comments:

  1. Lizzie,
    Okay, I cannot be a consumer of your blog and not be a contributor... For an "up at 4 in the morning mom"... your blog is the greatest respite from my life!! I don't know any of the texting acronyms,(it's either an English teacher thing bent on editing, or it's a stacey-I-live-in-the-country thing...) so you will just have to put up with my ellipses....sorry...I have read from start to recent post-- you are having great experiences, my girl!! which are indelible to your life journey!! May God keep you in His loving care, stacey mae p.s. What's 'select a profile' ?? I just lost my first post to "time expired" -- guess next time I'll keep it shorter!!! URG!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey! Thanks so much for reading it makes me so happy to know that people are enjoying my posts! I'll be honest I have no idea what 'select a profile' is. I usually just write posts and publish them and avoid the small print. Heh heh...thank you for the kind words and thoughts AND also for reading! :]

      Lizzy

      Delete