Monday, February 6, 2012

Insomniacs Anonymous

So I fell asleep like a good little child at like 9:30 tonight, but I fell asleep with my TV on. My host mom gets bothered by the light that shines through the little window of my room to the little window of hers. So when she came to turn it off, I woke up. Now I'm just awake and after tossing and turning for an hour I've decided to write a post about the night life I've experienced while here.

The band...and what may or may not be a beer
Last Wednesday, a few friends and I went out on the town because we hadn't gotten a chance to in the few weeks we were here. We first went to a bar called Ucucus, and there was a Peruano cover band playing a bunch of heavy rock music. It was pretty bad ass. They played Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Franz Ferdinand, etc. It was fun to actually sing along. The lead singer of the band was pretty strange looking. We ran into them later that night actually. Life is weird.

Felicidades!
After a few drinkskis, we decided to leave and go to Mama Africa, a big night club here in Cusco. I talked to Argentines, and I danced with I think people from Sweden. It was pretty wild for a Wednesday night but also really fun. I wanna do it again sooooon! Probably this Wednesday cause I don't have class til 12.

Anyway, this weekend a group of us are going to Puno to visit Lake Titicaca and the floating islands. For those of you who don't know what that is it's a group of around 40 hand made islands on Lake Titicaca. The Uru people inhabit the islands and pre-date the Incas. If all goes as planned we are doing homestays on the actual islands themselves and then going to a huge festival called Festival de la Virgen de Candelaria. I'm gonna try to find a video to post on here cause it's a big deal. I'm excited to have plans for the weekend cause I'll be real I was dumb and didn't do much and got homesick and miserable. I've found as long as I'm distracted I don't miss the US too much, but if I've got nothing to do I miss it terribly. Anyway here is a video of that festival!



Buenas noches!
Besos,
Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment