Monday, January 23, 2012

Hey friends! So today was the first day of classes...que scary! Actually it was fine. I'm taking Biodiversity of Peru and I have a teacher crush on the Prof. He has dreads(sp?) and tattoos and worked in the rainforest and has that weird air of mystery around him. Plus his accent when he speaks English is adorbs. Anyway that was my first class and it's at 11 so I lucked out.

Then, I had Institutions in Peruvian Society where we learn about Peruvian laws and culture and how society and classes work. It was kinda boring and the prof speaks so softly I wanted to fall asleep but I didn't! It's interesting learning about the laws in another country. Did you know, you can have illegal drugs on your person? They don't arrest you but they can detain you for 15 days here for questioning. Good to know...I'M KIDDING! HAHA...ha..h....

Anyway, there was some drams with my Spanish class today because I got put into PRE-Intermediate and after taking Spanish for the last cinco anos I was NOT having that. So I just went to the Intermediate one and demanded they switch me like the lil betch that I am. So todo esta bien. My host Mom continues to be sweet and amazing. She's gonna take me out this weekend and I am suppppeer excited because its not gonna be a place for gringos! Gringo/a is slang for white-boy/girl and as Cuzco is super touristy, Gringos are EVERYWHERE and all places are geared towards them. Kinda sucks, but whatevs.

Anyway, ahora me voy a salir con mis amigos to get some Cerveza Cusquena. Pretend there is a tilde on the n & pronounce it Cusqunia. I don't have any pictures today cause it was boring and filled with classes and such. I wanted to update though cause otherwise I'll forget.



Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment