Tuesday, March 6, 2012

zoos, clubs, and restaurants

sprayin the shit out of 'em!
Holy hell! Time sure flies! Exactly a week ago today was the end of February, and thus the end of Carnaval en Cuzco. I think it's actually in all of Peru but I didn't pay attention til the last day (unfortunately). I went to a zoo with my friends Carly, Tory, and their host brudda Israel. BUT in the spirit of Carnaval, on our way there, we sprayed the shit out of unsuspecting...or suspecting victims. We didn't discriminate. It's common to get this foam/silly string stuff and spray as many people as you can (hopefully in the face) before it all runs out. I mostly sniped pictures because they only got two cans before they picked me up but it was still so fun to look at people's reactions.

What a show off
Lovin' the new shades
Once we got to the zoo, we saw tons of animales. It kinda depressed me because they were in cages, but I got over it. The first thing we saw was this little oso negro. He was so adorbs and after watching us gawk at him for a few minutes he liteeeeeeeerrrraally performed for us, climbing the little pole in his cage and perching a top it like a damn tight rope walker or something. He looked right over and posed for pictures, then slid down. I don't know how the next part happened but Carly's sunglasses fell into it's cage and it proceeded to sniff and eat them. It was hilarious. Oh, also, owls.


These owls don't give a shit

Besides owls there were MaCaws...is that how you spell it? Sorry, Mom, I'm doing my best but I'm not an English major so I'm rusty. Also, crazy nasty ass monkeys, okay they weren't nasty but I was referencing the honey badger vid titled "The Crazy Nasty-ass Honey Badger". Anyway, bad jokes aside the monkeys flipped and tumbled and screeched and hopped and were all around insane. We probably watched them for a good twenty minutes. We then saw some foxes and a Condor, which is the sacred animal of the celestial world to the Incas and also a very sacred animal still today. These things are HUGE! Very beautiful as well. Next, pumas, the sacred animal of the earth world. Not quite as sacred today as they were in Inca times, but still pretty effin awesome. One stared right at me as I took pics, as you can see.

We saw other animales, but I don't know their names. A pig, a weird deer/goat/thing, more monkeys, weird honey badger-esque things, also we held a boa constrictor. I could've held a sloth but I was too cheap and I kinda regret it but we got a picture with it!


Honeybadger? No?

THIS little shit

The foxes wouldn't pose for anything

Condor

Pezzed

Weird thing I have no idea what it is



This monkey didn't have a cage

MaCaw...McCaw? don't care

Check it out bitches! LyVyN LyFe On ThA EdGe
Otherwise, that week was boring. Yesterday, I went with my host dad, mom, and two sisters to a cute little restaurant with a cool park. We played volleyball, swung on tireswings, and ate good ass food. I almost tried guinea pig but it was expensive and I was scared. Julieta and her dad started throwing grass on each other and on random dogs so I snapped some pics. Lucia also started literally somersaulting around I don't know how she did it so many times in a row. After lunch, Coco and Sara dropped Lucia and I off at the house where we made home made whipped cream and had it with dulce de leche and ice cream. Que rico! But seriously...that shit was so good.

Just chillen

Her lil chicken nugs were too hot

They found a dog!

Her bout 700th summersault. Loca chica.

Adding the whipped cream

The finished product. Pardon my drool
Besides all this, I've been doing homework (ha, good joke), going out, buying shit, dropping names, breaking hearts, you know, the usual.

Besos!

No comments:

Post a Comment