Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Feliz Cumpli, Julietita!

Hola amigos. I suck at blogging and I thought that I would definitely not be one of those people who suck and blogging when I came here. BOY IS MY FACE RED. Well, not much has been happening except school and midterms and our amazing program coordinator Cristian almost quitting. School and midterms are self explanatory pretty much. I'll talk about my Spanish for a bit though cause it is getting so much better! It's so exciting to answer "Si" when someone asks if I speak the language instead of "Un poco" I really can't speak THAT well but I understand almost everything that's said to me which makes me do a little happy dance inside when I have conversations with people. Anywhooser, that's that.
William Shakespeare lookin ass on the right
Cristiiaaannn
So, Cristian. He is probably one of the most amazing people I have ever met. You know how you encounter those people in your life who are few and far between but they are just genuinely GOOD? Well, he's one of them. On Friday night we went to a cool little bar that Cristian loves and listened to a really sweet band that did covers of contemporary music on guitar, violin, and this cool Peruvian drum thing. It was sweet. After, we left Cristian, he said would meet us later at our favorite bar Norton Rats. So we met up with these annoying ass bricheros (bricheros is a slang word for Peruvians that try to hang with/date gringos and a gringo is a non-Peruvian tourist/person) who crept around for a long time and finally we were all gonna leave. None of us wanted to go with this band of bricheros, though, and on our way out, lo and behold: CRISTIAN! Sitting at the bar drinking a rum & water (his drink of choice. We begged Cristian to save us and he did! We got a table with him and got more drinks. He proceeded to buy ALL of ours for the rest of the night. We migrated to the bar, Inkateam, where we saw a bunch more of our friends from school. It was a blur but it was real fun!
my whole family :]
Sary, Julietita y yo
Yesterday, my host sis Julieta turned 2, so of course they had a fiesta! I brought a couple friends and it was semi awkward but it was so nice to see all of the family together! We had pollo a la brasa (fried chiggen and french fries) for dinner and a delicious cake! There was a SHIT TON of candy but I gave it up for lent so I just had to gaze at my friends enviously as they enjoyed it. It was really fun but Julie was afraid of the clown and she had a fever so she wasn't very talkative. She looked ADORBS in her birthday dress. I was lucky enough to get a picture with her and my host mom :]


Life here is fun, and tomorrow marks the half way point of my journey. I will be so sad to leave this place and my family and friends I have made here. I do get home sick and miss home so much but I know that I will also get home sick for Cusco when I return to the States.  I wanna say I won't cry like a baby when I'm headed to the airport, but I know I will. On a good note, my friend and I are on the same 8 hour flight from Lima to New York so that will be fun!




Anyway, besitos!

No comments:

Post a Comment