Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Last week

Last week here. SOFA KING WEIRD. Last Thursday we went to visit the beer factory to see where and how Cusquena was made. We found out that the Bakus brand was actually owned by Budweiser. CLASSIC "capitalism" and the illusion of selection! I'll spare you all that rant though. The tour was really pretty sweet and we got free water (never happens here) and beer so what college student would complain? Well, besides me. We got to wear cool helmets though and they played music in them. I didn't get a picture of myself so I'm uploading a picture of my friend (sorry, if you ever read this, Mols).

Friday was the last day at the clinic which was mostly exciting but kind of sad. I just wish the nurses were nicer to us because it really ruined my experience there. They didn't trust us with anything and to say they were stand-offish is an understatement. They were straight hostile but whatever. It was fun to play with the kids for one last time.

Friday night we did paper plate awards and drank Sangria at our favorite pizza place La Recoleta and it was really fun. I got the "Most Likely to Marry her Taxi Driver or Waiter" Award. GUILTY AS CHARGED. The taxi drivers LOVED ME. I think there were 6 that asked for my number. I learned after the first one that it was a mistake to give it out. Also, none of them were cute. And I probably had a crush on every single waiter I had. Sorrryyyboutcha. I also got "Most Obscure Taste in Men" because I made the mistake of telling people I found Conan O'Brien attractive and "Most Likely to See an Imaginary Mouse" because Andy doesn't believe that I saw one or taht it chewed through my backpack in the jungle! It was really fun and I'll really miss my friends here. We're all so different but it has been so fun with them.

Fwiendz!

Andy gave me a mini Packers
helmet with my award
...sorry mom!



















Otherwise I've just been taking finals and shopping my ass of for presents that I need because I did ZERO shopping for ANYONE even myself all semester. I just kept figuring I'd do it eventually and now it's crunch time and I'm annoyed at myself I didn't do it sooner. I wanna start packing because it takes me forever and I don't wanna rush last minute, but I can't bring myself to do it.

We all kind of leave in waves on Sat so there is one group who's flights leave at like 9ish or 9:30 and then another group (mine) who's flight leaves at 3:30. We're gonna go with to say bye for the am group. Thursday night we are having a farewell dinner that I'm excited for. It's the whole school including all the teachers. Also FREE FOOD AND DRINK! What else could I ask for?


Finger puppets for dad. confused as to why he needs twenty but whatevs!
Nos vemosss <3

No comments:

Post a Comment