Sunday, May 13, 2012

Home

Wow. I can't believe it. I'm back. I missed my connecting flight from La Guardia to Minneapolis, but don't worry, I made it a little later anyway. I actually lost it a little waiting for my flight, knowing that I will never go back and have everything be the same that it was. Knowing that I might never see my host family again. Knowing that the friends I made at USIL and I will never be classmates again.

Coming home, I think the most shocking thing was that everything was the same. It wasn't home that changed, it was me. However cliche that sounds, it's the truth. I'm basically picking up right where I left off here. I guess I don't really know what else I expected. It is going to be weird readjusting to everything. It already is.

I had a nightmare that Lola didn't remember me during my time in Peru. When I saw her today she was just confused but I think she remembered. She's actually laying by me right now. It makes me sad to know that I this is my last post in here, but who is interested in my ordinary life back in the US? Thank you all so much for following me and coming with on this incredible journey. I think people get confused because I'm a complainer, but I am so thankful for this experience and wouldn't change any of it for anything. I know my life is changed for the better and I am just thankful to have had this amazing experience.

Thanks again for caring about me and the adventure I went on!

Millones de besos.

No comments:

Post a Comment