Saturday, April 21, 2012

hi

So. I haven't forgot that this blog existed but I haven't had pictures to post so I've been resisting because the last few posts of mine have been pictureless and if you're anything like me you get bored after reading a paragraph if there isn't a picture along with it.

I shall fill you in on my vida. School is school, test in Latin American Lit on Monday, gotta read a book by the 30th La Casa Verde I hear it's pretty abstract. I have it but haven't started it. Woops. We had a guy come and ask us how everything was. I hate my Institutions in Peruvian Society teacher. He doesn't teach in an unbiased way it's all biased and (sorry to get a little political) he's a huge capitalist and just LOOOOOOVEEEESSS America, even though he's completely jaded about the way our country works. We obviously told them we hated him. Sorry not sorry. Spanish is Spanish. I have my final oral presentation in two weeks on local peruvian/cusquenian beliefs and supersitsons, yada yada.

Four of us are going to LA SELVA or in english words THE RAINFOREST next weekend for four days. Can NOT wait. It will be amazeballs. We got our Yellow Fever shots today. Let me tell you public hospitals here are something else. It honestly looked like a hopsital out of a horror film. Here are a few pics of where we're staying/what we'll be seeing.


So that animale is a Capybara and I know Chelsea will love that. But we're gonna see a shit ton of animals. I will take millions of pictures so ye be warned. The other two pics are the rooms and the grounds of the place that we're staying. Pretty nice, and all food included!

After our shots, we went to the peruvian Burger King, Bembos. They have the best food there. THE BEST. Then we explored a market but the smell was too strong and horrifying to really enjoy it. We found a beautiful church though, so I snapped a few pictures.




Other than that, I've got exactly 3 weeks left here. I can't believe how fast time has flown. It feels like I just got here, just experienced my first rain, just awkwardly made conversation with the people I now call my best friends. I can't believe this adventure is coming to an end. It probably won't hit me until I'm back and doing something that makes me miss the shit out of Peru. Meh. As the french say it, C'est la vie!


Besos betches <3

No comments:

Post a Comment