Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

Today was packed! After weeping like a small child for the majority of yesterday when my parents left, I woke up this morning to go to play some soccer and volleyball with my family. It was pretty fun, but I am really competitive and hate losing so I got kinda annoyed when we lost at everything.

Anyway, after that we went to ride horses! I was so pissed I didn't bring my camera! I've been waiting to do that here all semester. The horses were different and cooler though. They were like mountain horses and could climb on all these rocks and shit. They also had really long hair which was kinda kewl. But my host dad, host mom, and I were the only ones who really knew how to ride them and my host brother and sister freaked out and had to get off. On their behalf, the terrain on the trail was either muddy as HELL or rocky as HELL and there were a lot of steep hills so even I got a little nervous my horse was gonna take a tumble.

Even after THAT we went to see a game at the Garcilaso stadium! Cusco has a soccer team named Los Ciencianos. The game was kinda boring and the crowd was NUTZ! They cant have any alcohol in the stadium because otherwise there would be riots and fighting and such.

After the game we came home and all my friends got back from their vacation so I've been able to catch up with them. I also caught up with Miss Lisa Harrigan who I haven't talked to in LITERALLY months. On top of THAT lent ended today so I ate a shit ton of candy! This has resulted in a head/belly ache. So overall after a bad day yesterday, today has been pretty good.

Tomorrow we start school again -_- but there are only 35 days left in my journey. Insane. I am excited to leave, but also dreading it. It's the weirdest feeling EVER.

Besos

No comments:

Post a Comment